He obtained his bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering from Università Politecnica delle Marche in November 2005. After, he obtained a Master’s degree in Thermomechanical Engineering from the same University in December 2007. After graduating, he continued his studies in Engineering Design at Università Politecnica delle Marche, where in January 2011 he obtained a PhD with the dissertation “Tools and Methods Based on Knowledge Elicitation to Support Engineering Design”. Since 2008 he has been working in several research activities in collaboration with various companies and research institutes. Since the academic year 2017-2018 he is contract professor of “Computer Graphics and BIM” and “Design Tools for UAV” at the Università degli Studi eCampus. Since the academic year 2018-2019 he is contract professor of “Drawing” at the Università degli Studi Roma Tre in the context of Ocean Engineering.
The research activity is focused on tools and methods for the engineering design. The main research topics are: Simulations, Virtual Prototyping, Optimization, Computer Graphics, Product Configuration, Parametric Modeling, software development, Knowledge-Based Engineering, Building Information Modeling (BIM), and design methodologies.
- Raffaeli, R., Cicconi, P., Germani, M., 2016, Automation of Drafting Execution by Schemes Definitions and Feature Recognition. Computer-Aided Design & Applications, 13(4): 459-470, 2016. DOI: 10.1080/16864360.2015.1131538, ISSN 1686-4360.
- Cicconi, P., Landi, D., Germani, M., 2017. Thermal analysis and simulation of a Li-ion battery pack for a lightweight commercial EV. Applied Energy, 192, pp.159–177. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2017.02.008.
- Cicconi, P., Raffaeli, R. & Germani, M., 2016. An approach to support model based definition by PMI annotations. Computer-Aided Design and Applications, 14(4), pp.526–534. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/16864360.2016.1257194.
- Cicconi, P., Landi D., Germani M., Russo AC., 2017. A support approach for the conceptual design of energy-efficient cooker hoods. Applied Energy, 206, pp.222–239. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.apenergy.2017.08.162.
- Castorani, V. Cicconi P., Mandolini M., Vita A., Germani M., 2018. A method for the cost optimization of industrial electrical routings. Computer-Aided Design and Applications, 15(5): 747-756. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/16864360.2018.1441241.
- Cicconi, P., Raffaeli, R., Marchionne M., Germani, M., 2018. A Model-Based Simulation Approach to Support the Product Configuration and Optimization of Gas Turbine Ducts. Computer-Aided Design and Applications, 15(6): 807-818, 2018. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/16864360.2018.1462564.
- Cicconi, P., Landi, D., Russo, A. C., Nardelli, M., Raffaeli, R., & Germani, M., 2018. A CSP-based design framework for appliances under energy labelling. International Journal on Interactive Design and Manufacturing (IJIDeM), 12(4), 1243–1263. Available from: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12008-018-0502-8 .
- Cicconi, P., Landi, D., Germani, M., 2018. An Ecodesign approach for the lightweight engineering of cast iron parts. The International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 99(9-12), 2365-2388. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00170-018-2649-7.
- Landi, D., Cicconi, P. & Germani, M., 2019. A design methodology for the virtual energy labelling of cooking ovens. International Journal on Interactive Design and Manufacturing (IJIDeM). In press. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s12008-019-00533-2.
- Cicconi, P., Castorani, V., Germani, M., Mandolini, M., Vita. A., 2019. A multi-objective sequential method for manufacturing cost and structural optimization of modular steel towers. Engineering with Computers. In press. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/s00366-019-00709-0.
- Cicconi, P., Postacchini, L., Bergantino, N., Capuzzi, G., Russo, A., Raffaeli, R., Germani, M.. (2019). A DECISION THEORY APPROACH TO SUPPORT ACTION PLANS IN COOKER HOODS MANUFACTURING. DYNA, 94(2). 203-208. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.6036/8890.
- Cicconi, P., Postacchini, L., Pallotta, E., Monteriù, A., Prist, M., Bevilacqua, M., Germani, M., 2019. A LIFE CYCLE COSTING OF COMPACTED LITHIUM TITANIUM OXIDE BATTERIES FOR INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS. Journal of Power Sources, vol. 436, p. 226837, Oct. 2019. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jpowsour.2019.226837.
- Cicconi, P., 2020. Eco-design and Eco-materials: An interactive and collaborative approach. Sustainable Materials and Technologies, 23, p.e00135. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.susmat.2019.e00135.
- Cicconi, P. et al., 2019. A Design Approach for Overhead Lines Considering Configurations and Simulations. Computer-Aided Design and Applications, 17(4), pp.797–812. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.14733/cadaps.2020.797-812.
- Cicconi, P. & Raffaeli, R., 2019. An Industry 4.0 Framework for the Quality Inspection in Gearboxes Production. Computer-Aided Design and Applications, 17(4), pp.813–824. Available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.14733/cadaps.2020.813-824.