a.s. 1990/1991 Scientific High school – “F. D’Ovidio” – Larino (CB)
Degree in Mechanical Engineering at University of Rome “La Sapienza” – Thesis title: “Fatigue behaviour analysis of an automotive suspension arm”
Oct. 2001/Oct.2003 Scholarship L451/94 (CENTEF project), at Centro Sviluppo Materiali S.p.A. Rome. Scholarship thesis: “Use of CAD/CAE tools for the realization of an integrated design environment for hydroformed products”
2005-2008 PhD in Mechanical Engineering, at Politecnica University of Marche, Mechanical Department. PhD Thesis: “Influence of cold rolling process variables on surface quality of stainless steel thin strip”
Sept. 2007/Feb. 2008 Visiting scholar at The Faculty of Engineering – Mechanical Engineering Department Wayne State University (Detroit (MI) – USA)
Oct. 2009/Oct. 2010 Research grant at Mechanical Departement of “Sapienza” Universtity of Rome; SSD: ING-IND/14
My research activity is in the field of Mechanical Design and Mechanics of Materials, with a special focus to material mechanical characterization and modelling in quasi-static, dynamic and cyclic conditions. My studies concern both the theoretical and experimental testing points of view, and structural analysis by means of the Finite Element Method.
The characterization process often involves inverse calibration techniques, both analytical and numerical, of the most appropriate constitutive model present in literature. In many cases it was necessary to modify the model to adapt it to the particular material characteristic studied.
- Investigation of the Effects of Mold Temperature, Test Temperature and Strain Rate on Mechanical Behaviour of Polypropylene” Farotti, E., Mancini, E., Bellezze, T., Sasso, M. Journal of Dynamic Behavior of Materials, (2019)
- “Characterization and analytical parametrization of composite in cellulose fibre and PVA matrix” Edoardo Mancini, Michele G. Antonelli, Pierluigi Beomonte Zobel, Marco Sasso, Composites Part B, 172 (2019) 496-505. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2019.05.093
- “Investigation of the mechanical behavior of CARALL FML at high strain rate” M. Sasso, E. Mancini, G.S. Dhaliwal, G.M. Newaz, D. Amodio, Composite Structures, (2019), DOI: 10.1016/j.compstruct.2019.110922
- “Static and dynamic characterization of agglomerated cork and related sandwich structures” F. Sarasini, J. Tirillò, L. Lampani, M. Sasso, E. Mancini, C. Burgstaller, A. Calzolari, Composite Structures, 212 (2019) 439–451. DOI: 10.1016/j.compstruct.2019.01.054
- “Adapted Nakazima test to evaluate dynamic effect on strain distribution and dome height in balanced biaxial stretching condition” Marco Sasso, Edoardo Mancini, Gianluca Chiappini, Simoncini Michela, Forcellese Archimede, International Journal of Mechanical Sciences, August (2018).
- “Sensor calibration of polymeric Hopkinson bars for dynamic testing of soft materials” M. Martarelli, E. Mancini, B. Lonzi, M. Sasso, Measurement Science and Technology, Volume 29, Issue 2, 9 January (2018). DOI: 10.1088/1361-6501/aa9136
- “Application of DIC to Static and Dynamic Testing of Agglomerated Cork Material” M. Sasso, E. Mancini, G. Chiappini, F. Sarasini, J. Tirillò, Experimental Mechanics, First Online: 17 January (2018)
- “Characterization of the cyclic-plastic behaviour of flexible structures by applying the Chaboche model”, Edoardo Mancini, Daniela Isidori, Marco Sasso, Cristina Cristalli, Dario Amodio, Stefano Lenci, Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering 17 (2017) 761 – 775, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.acme.2017.02.003.
- “Experimental and numerical characterization of a polymeric Hopkinson bar by DTMA”, Marco Sasso, Michele Gabrio Antonelli, Edoardo Mancini, Mario Radoni, Dario Amodio, International Journal of Impact Engineering 103 (2017) 50-63, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijimpeng.2016.12.020.
- “Design of an Innovative System for Wave Generation in Direct Tension–Compression Split Hopkinson Bar”, E. Mancini, M. Sasso, M. Rossi, G. Chiappini, G. Newaz, e D. Amodio, Journal of Dynamic Behavior of Materials, June (2015), Volume 1, Issue 2, pp 201-213, DOI 10.1007/s40870-015-0019-1.