Associate Professor in Mathematical Analysis at the eCampus University since 2019. Coordinator at the eCampus University of the MA course in Industrial Engineering from 2016 to 2017 and of the BA and MA courses in Information and Automation Engineering since 2019. Teaching activity in Mathematical Analysis (single and multiple variables), Mathematical methods for Engineering, Probability and Statistics, General Mathematics (Pisa, Brescia and eCampus Universities). Degree (2003) and PhD (2008) in Mathematics at the University of Pisa. Research fellowship from 2008 to 2014 at the University of Brescia. Researcher at the eCampus University from 2014 to 2019. National Scientific Qualification as Associate Professor (01/A3 Mathematical Analysis, Probability and Mathematical Statistics) in 2017.
Research activity on: partial differential equations of mathematical-physics, compressible and incompressible fluid dynamics and magnetohydrodynamics, free boundary problems, large eddy simulation for turbulent flow, well-posedness, attractors and dynamics of solutions.Speaker in several national and international events. Referee for several international journals.
- Berselli, L.C., Catania, D. A note on the Euler-Voigt system in a 3D bounded domain: Propagation of singularities and absence of the boundary layer; AIMS Mathematics 4(1), pp. 1-11, 2019.
- Bisconti, Luca; Catania, Davide. On the existence of an inertial manifold for a deconvolution model of the 2D mean Boussinesq equations; Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences 41(13), pp. 4923-4935, 2018.
- Bisconti, Luca; Catania, Davide. Global well-posedness of the two-dimensional horizontally filtered simplified Bardina turbulence model on a strip-like region. Commun. Pure Appl. Anal. 16 (5), 1861–1881, 2017. doi: 10.3934/cpaa.2017090
- Catania D.; Secchi P.; D’Abbicco M. Weak stability of the plasma-vacuum interface problem. J. Differ. Equ., vol. 261, p. 3169–3219, ISSN: 0022-0396, 2016, doi: 10.1016/j.jde.2016.05.023
- Catania, D., Morando, A., Trebeschi, P. Global attractor for the Navier–Stokes equations with fractional deconvolution; Nonlinear Differential Equations and Applications 22(4), pp. 811-848, 2015.
- Berselli, Luigi C.; Catania, Davide. On the Boussinesq equations with anisotropic filter in a vertical pipe. Dynamics Partial Differ. Equ., vol. 12, p. 177–192, ISSN: 1548-159X, 2015, doi: 10.4310/DPDE.2015.v12.n2.a5
- Berselli, Luigi C.; Catania, Davide. On the well-posedness of the Boussinesq equations with anisotropic filter for turbulent flows. Z. Anal. Anwend. 34 (1), 61–83, 2015.
- Bisconti, Luca; Catania, Davide. Global Attractor for the Navier–Stokes Equations with horizontal filtering. Discr. Contin. Dyn. Syst. Ser. B 20 (1), 59–75, 2015.