Fabrizio Comodini is a Researcher of Structural Engineering (SSD ICA R09) at the Engineering Faculty of the eCampus University. He graduated in Civil Engineering specialized in Structures, at the University of Perugia in 2003 with a thesis entitled “Energy method for pushover analysis”. In 2009 he obtained his PhD in Civil Engineering at the University of Perugia with a thesis entitled “Probabilistic assessments of seismic capacity for building performance analyzes”. At eCampus University he is a teacher of Structural Design, Advanced Design of Structural and Seismic Engineering and since May 2016 he is coordinator of the course of study in Civil and Environmental Engineering (bachelor’s degree) and Civil Engineering (master’s degree). He is a member of research groups and founding partner of a university Spin Off.
His research activity mainly concerns the study of innovative seismic protection systems for new and existing structures and infrastructures. Within this research area, he has developed an extensive study activity regarding the procedures for assessing seismic vulnerability and seismic risk associated with damage to structures. The research activity was carried out mainly within research projects of national and international interest. He is coauthor of many scientific publications.
- F. Comodini, M. Mezzi, L. Rossi (2013). Dissipative Devices for Vulnerability Reduction of Precast Buildings. International Conference on Seismic Design of Industrial Facilities (SeDIF-Conference)RWHT, Aachen, University Germany. Springer DOI 10.1007/978-3-658-02810-7_2. ISBN 978-3-658-02810-7
- F. Comodini, M. Mezzi, L. Rossi,(2013) Precast Industrial Buildings in Italy – Current Building Code and New Provisions Since the 2012 Earthquake International Conference on Seismic Design of Industrial Facilities (SeDIF-Conference)RWHT, Aachen, University Germany. Springer DOI 10.1007/978-3-658-02810-7_2, ISBN 978-3-658-02810-7.
- Comodini F., Fulco A., Mezzi M. (2013). Results and analytical simulation of axial and diagonal compression tests on reinforced concrete panels cast with wood blocks system. Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering. Springer DOI:10.1007/s10518-013-9566-9, ISSN 1570-761X (print version)1573-1456 (electronic version)
- F. Comodini, M. Mezzi, O. Niglio, A. Sarno (2013) Miglioramento sismico e rifunzionalizzazione della chiesa di San Benedetto Novello in Perugia. AID Monuments, Perugia, Italia. Aracne Editrice (pag. 610-622) DOI: 10.4399/978885486506854
- Comodini F., Fulco A., Mezzi M. (2014) Experimental vertical compression tests on reinforced concrete panels made with wood blocks system and theoretical evaluation of critical load. Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering DOI: 10.1007/s10518-014-9653-6. ISSN 1570-761X (print version) ISSN 1573-1456 (electronic version)
- Comodini F., Fulco A., Mezzi M.(2014) Seismic capacity of buildings made with reinforced concrete panels cast with wood blocks system . 2nd European Conference on Earthquake Engineering and Seismology ISNN 1872-4671.
- Comodini F., Mezzi M., Niglio O. , (2014). Assessment and seismic improvement with traditional and innovative technologies in the reuse design of San Benedetto Novello in Perugia. International Journal of Architecture and Engineering, Aracne Editrice ISSN 2384-9576 [print version], ISSN 2035-7982 [electronic version]
- Comodini F., Fulco A., Mezzi M. (2014) Seismic performances of a large lightly-reinforced walls construction system with thermal insulating form-blocks. International Convention on Technical Sciences, Santiago de Cuba. Universidad de Oriente, Cuba ISBN 978-959-207-529-0.
- Comodini F., Fulco A., Mezzi M (2015). Experimental, analytical and numerical analysis of the seismic behavior of large lightly r/c walls cast with wood blocks system. Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering. DOI 10.1007/s10518-015-9766-6 ISSN 1570-761X (print version) ISSN 1573-1456 (electronic version).
- M. Mezzi, F. Comodini, A. Fulco, (2015). Fast procedure to assess the risk of losses from earthquake in r/c buildings. Convegno Internazionale Implementing Innovative Ideas In Structural Engineering and Project Management . Sydney, Australia . ISBN: 978-0-9960437-1-7.
- Ubertini, F., Comodini, F., Fulco, A., Mezzi, M.,(2017) A Simplified Parametric Study on Occupant Comfort Conditions in Base Isolated Buildings under Wind Loading, Advances in Civil Engineering Volume 2017, Article ID 3524975, 13 pages,https://doi.org/10.1155/2017/3524975
- Buffi G., Manciola P., De Lorenzis L., Cavalagli N., Comodini F., Gambi A., Gusella V.,Mezzi M.,Niemeier, W., Tamagnini, C., (2017), Calibration of finite element models of concrete arch-gravity dams using dynamical measures: The case of Ridracoli, Procedia Engineering 199:110-115, DOI: 10.1016/j.proeng.2017.09.169
- Comodini, F., La Brusco, A., Fulco, A., Mezzi, M.,(2017) Experimental tests and numerical analysis of corner connections bent about their axis in lightly reinforced concrete panels cast with wood block system, Bulletin of Earthquake Engineering, vol. 15, pages1661–1679, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10518-016-0038-x
- Comodini F., Fulco A., Mezzi M.,(2018) Performance of a building with dissipative bracing system under strong earthquakes, Conference proceedings of the 16TH European Conference Earthquake Engineering, Thessaloniki 18-21june 2018.
- Rossi L., Mezzi M., Comodini, F.,Parisi D., Ruggieri G. (2019), Using the empirical evidences of the 2012 Emilia-Romagna earthquake for assessing the convenience of seismic retrofitting measure on long-spanbeam structures, XVIII Convegno Anidis Ascoli Piceno, PisaUniversity, Press,ID:4548250,Permalink:http://digital.casalini.it/10.1400/271083,Permalink:http://digital.casalini.it/4548250, DOI: 10.1400/271083
- Comodini F., Fagotti G., Mezzi M.,(2019) Effects of the earthquake vertical component in the masonry: Vertical collapse mechanisms?, XVIII Convegno Anidis Ascoli Piceno, Pisa UniversityPress, ID:4548490,Permalink:http://digital.casalini.it/10.1400/271260,Permalink:http://digital.casalini.it/4548490, DOI: 10.1400/271260
- Ierimonti, L., Venanzi, I., Cavalagli, N., Comodini, F., Ubertini, F., (2020) An innovative continuous Bayesian model updating method for base-isolated RC buildings using vibration monitoring data. Elsevier Mechanical Systems and Signal Processing, Volume 139, 106600, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ymssp.2019.106600.
- omodini Fabrizio; D’Ambrisi Angelo; Mezzi Marco (2021), Nodal dissipative devices for seismic protection of precast rc structures, COMPDYN 2021 8 th International Conference on Computational Methods in Structural Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering , European Community on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences Thematic Conference, An IACM Special Interest, Conference proceedings – ISBN:978-618-85072-5-8 vol. Volume I DOI:10.7712/120121.8824.19434. pp.4772-4781.
- Fabrizio Comodini, Alessandro Fulco, Marco Mezzi (2022), Shear devices coupling exoskeleton and existing RC buildings for seismic improvement, XIX ANIDIS Conference, Seismic Engineering in Italy. Published by Elsevier B.V on Procedia Structural Integrity 44 (2023) 1076–1083. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prostr.2023.01.139
- Alessandro Fulco, Fabrizio Comodini, Marco Mezzi (2022), Practical procedure to assess the expected consequences of earthquakes on building, XIX ANIDIS Conference, Seismic Engineering in Italy. Published by Elsevier B.V on Procedia Structural Integrity 44 (2023) 195–202. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.prostr.2023.01.026