Dr Luca Cioccolanti got his PhD in Energetics in 2014 at Università Politecnica delle Marche. He was Assistant Professor of “Energy systems” at Ecampus University in the period 2015-2020. Since May 2020 he is Associate Professor in the same scientific sector. He participated in setting up and development of structures and syllabuses for a number of modules on energy topics in overseas Universities being involved and supporting the coordination of two CBHE Erasmus+ projects. Since 2019 he is coordinator of the CBHE Erasmus+ project ‘Skybelt’.
His research activity is mainly focus on modelling distributed energy systems using renewable energy sources. Since September 2016 he is also partner coordinator of the EU funded H2020 ‘Innova Microsolar’ project.
Dr. Luca Cioccolanti’s research acitivity is mainly focused on the design and development of innovative energy conversion systems powered by renewable sources for residential applications. In particular, solar concentrated technologies (both thermal and electrical) and Organic Rankine Cycle systems for the recovery of medium-low temperature heat are investigated in detail.
The research activity led to the design and construction of several prototypes and in particular to the development of a series of mathematical models useful for their re-engineering and optimization.
- Cioccolanti L., Tascioni R., Pirro M., Arteconi A., Development of a hardware-in-the-loop simulator for small-scale concentrated solar combined heat and power system, Energy Conversion and Management X – December 2020, Vol. (8).
- Moradi R., Habib E., Bocci E., Cioccolanti L., Investigation on the use of a novel regenerative flow turbine in a micro-scale Organic Rankine Cycle unit, Energy, Volume 210, 1 November 2020, 11851, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.energy.2020.118519;
- Cipri K., Cioccolanti L., Naldi R., Experimental analysis of a pulse tube based new prototype for cells cryopreservation, International Journal of Energy Research, March 2020, DOI: 10.1002/er.5367;
- Tascioni R., Arteconi A., Del Zotto L., Cioccolanti L., Fuzzy Logic Energy Management Strategy of a Multiple Latent Heat Thermal Storage in a Small-Scale Concentrated Solar Power Plant, Energies – May 2020, Vol. (11), Art. number: 2733, https://doi.org/10.3390/en13112733;
- Moradi R., Marcantonio V., Cioccolanti L., Bocci E., Integrating biomass gasification with a steam-injected micro gas turbine and an Organic Rankine Cycle unit for combined heat and power production, Energy Conversion and Management – February 2020, Vol. (205).
- Tascioni R., Cioccolanti L., Del Zotto L., Habib E., Numerical investigation of pipelines modeling in small-scale concentrated solar combined heat and power plants, Energies – January 2020, Vol. (13), Art. number: 429, DOI: 10.3390/en13020429
- Campana C., Cioccolanti L., Renzi M., Caresana F., Experimental analysis of a small-scale scroll expander for low-temperature waste heat recovery in Organic Rankine Cycle, Energy – November 2019, Vol. (187).
- Cioccolanti L., Rajabi Hamedani S., Villarini M., Environmental and energy assessment of a small-scale solar Organic Rankine Cycle trigeneration system based on Compound Parabolic Collectors, Energy Conversion and Management – October 2019, Vol. (198).
- Cioccolanti L., Tascioni R., Arteconi A., Mathematical modelling of operation modes and performance evaluation of an innovative small-scale concentrated solar organic Rankine cycle plant, Applied Energy – July 2018, Vol (221): 464-476.
- Arteconi A., Del Zotto L., Tascioni R., Cioccolanti L., Modelling system integration of a micro solar Organic Rankine Cycle plant into a residential building, Applied Energy – October 2019, Vol. (251).