PhD in Energy in 2000.
Specialization in “Techniques and Methods of Energy Efficiency” (CNR). Commission Member of the Government exam for licensed engineer. Member and Chairman of the Scientific Committee ASME International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition.
Chairman for ECOS Conference (Efficiency, Cost, Optimization, Simulation and Environmental Impact of Energy Systems).
Congress Organizer, Chair & Scientific Committee Member of the 1st World Energies Forum.
Invited Researcher at YILDIZ Technical University.
Invited Professor for Ecoles de Saint Cyr Coetquidan and University Of Business and Technology (UBT).
Head of Bilateral Agreement with numerous foreign universities.
Guest Editor for Energies: Special Issue “Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC)” and “Selected Papers from The First World Energies Forum (WEF-1)”.
Holder of two industrial patents.
Study, design and implementaion of Ultra micro gas turbines for portable generation or “onboard” application, optimization of Organic Rankine Cycles systems with organic fluids for the recovery of waste heat, design and prototyping of series Hybrid Vehicles with innovative Range Extenders, computer aided design of compressible fluid expanders, optimization of branched heat exchangers, machine diagnostics by creating fault indices subjected to fuzzy logic, applications of fluid machines in the biomedical field (dialysis, anesthesia, pulmonary ventilation, etc.), study and optimization of vacuum machines
- R Capata (2021). Preliminary Analysis of a New Power Train Concept for a City Hybrid Vehicle. DESIGNS (2021), vol. 5 (1), 19
- R. Capata, E. Sciubba (2020). Study, Development and Prototyping of a Novel Mild Hybrid Power Train for a City Car: Design of the Turbocharger. APPLIED SCIENCES (IF: 1.69) 2021, 11, 234. https://doi.org/10.3390/app11010234
- R. Capata, F. Tatti (2020). Designing, Prototyping, Assembling and Costs Analysis of a Gas Turbine Hybrid Vehicle. ENERGIES, vol. 13, p. 4611-4646, ISSN: 1996-1073, doi: 10.3390/en13184611
- R. Capata, F. Pantano (2020). Expander design procedures and selection criterion for small rated organic rankine cycle systems. ENERGY SCIENCE & ENGINEERING, vol. 8, p. 1-35, ISSN: 2050-0505
- R. Capata, L. Gagliardi (2019). Experimental investigation on the Reynolds dependence of the performance of branched heat exchangers working with organic fluids. INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL of HEAT and MASS TRANSFER. DOI: 10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2019.05.114
- R. Capata (2018). Urban and extra-urban hybrid vehicles: A technological review. ENERGIES 2018 (11), 2924; https:// doi.org/10.3390/en11112924
- R. Capata, M. Achille (2018). Design and optimization of fuel injection of a 50 kW micro Turbogas. DESIGNS, vol. 2, p. 1-22, ISSN: 2411-9660, DOI: 10.3390/designs2020014
- R. Capata, M. Saracchini (2018). Experimental campaign tests on ultra-micro gas turbines, fuel supply comparison and optimization. ENERGIES, vol. 11, p. 799-815, ISSN: 1996-1073, DOI: 10.3390/en11040799
- R. Capata, B. Andrea, F. Felli, D. Pilone, E. Sciubba (2017). Preliminary design, modeling, production, and first evaluation tests of a Ti-Al gas turbine blade. J. of ENGINEERING MATERIALS and TECHNOLOGY, vol. 139, ISSN: 0094-4289, DOI: 10.1115/1.4035894
- R. Capata, A. Beyene (2017). Experimental evaluation of three different Configurations of constructal disc-shaped heat exchangers. International journal of HEAT and MASS TRANSFER, vol. 115, p. 92-101, ISSN: 0017-9310, DOI: 10.1016/j.ijheatmasstransfer.2017.06.096
- R. Capata, F. Pantano (2017). Expander selection for an on board ORC energy recovery system. ENERGY, vol. Volume 141, p. 1084-1096, ISSN: 0360-5442, DOI: 10.1016/j.energy.2017.09.142
- R. Capata (2016). An artificial neural network-based diagnostic methodology for gas turbine path analysis—Part I: introduction. ENERGY, ECOLOGY and ENVIRONMENT, p. 1-8, ISSN: 2363-8338
- R. Capata (2016). An artificial neural network-based diagnostic methodology for gas turbine path analysis—part II: case study. ENERGY, ECOLOGY and ENVIRONMENT, p. 1-9, ISSN: 2363-8338, DOI: 10.1007/s40974-016-0042-7
- R. Capata, R. Cecchi, M. Verotti, A. Dochshanov, G.B. Broggiato, R. Crescenzi, Rocco, M. Balucani, S. Natali, G. Razzano, F. Lucchese, A. Bagolini, P. Bellutti, E. Sciubba, N.P. Belfiore(2015). Development of micro-grippers for tissue and cell manipulation with direct morphological comparison. MICROMACHINES, vol. Volume 6, p. 1710-1728, ISSN: 2072-666x, DOI:10.3390/mi6111451
- R. Capata, E. Sciubba (2015). Experimental fitting of the re-scaled Balje maps for low-Reynolds radial turbomachinery. ENERGIES, vol. Volume 8, p. 7986-8000, ISSN: 1996-1073, DOI: 10.3390/en8087986
- R. Capata, E. Zangrillo (2014). Preliminary design of compact condenser in an Organic Rankine Cycle system for the low grade waste heat recovery. ENERGIES, vol. Energies 2014, 7, p. 8008-8035, ISSN: 1996-1073, DOI: 10.3390/en7128008
- R. Capata, G. Hernandez (2014). Preliminary design and simulation of a turbo expander for small rated power Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC). ENERGIES, vol. Special issue “Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC)”, p. 7067-7093, ISSN: 1996-1073
- R. Capata, L. Triboli, M. Barbieri, E. Sciubba, E. Jannelli, G. Bella (2014). A real time energy management strategy for plug-in hybrid electric vehicles based on optimal control theory. ENERGY PROCEDIA, vol. 45, p. 949-958, ISSN: 1876-6102, DOI: 10.1016/j.egypro.2014.01.100
- R. Capata, L. Marino, E. Sciubba (2014). A hybrid propulsion system for a high-endurance UAV: configuration selection, aerodynamic study, and gas turbine bench tests. Journal of UNMANNED VEHICLE SYSTEMS (JUVS), vol. 02, p. 16-35, ISSN: 2291-3467, DOI: 10.1139/juvs-2013-0005
- R. Capata, C. Toro (2014). Feasibility analysis of a small-scale ORC energy recovery system for vehicular application. ENERGY CONVERSION and MANAGEMENT, vol. 86, p. 1078-1090, ISSN: 0196-8904, DOI: 10.1016/j.enconman.2014.06.024