Francesco Focacci is Associate Professor of Structural Engineering at the eCampus University. Degree in Civil Engineering at the University of Bologna (1995). PhD in Composite materials for Civil Engineering at the University of Lecce (1999).
IUAV, University of Venice: research fellow on composite materials for structural rehabilitation (1998-04) and reliability of bridges (2005-07); adjunct professor of structural rehabilitation (2002-07).
e-Campus University: Assistant Professor of Structural Engineering (2010-20).
Member of the Rilem Technical Committee 234-DUC (2009-10).
Member of the CNR Committee for the drafting of the guideline CNR-DT 215/2018 (2016-18).
Coordinator of the eCampus University research unit of the Reluis projects 2014-2018 and 2019-2021 (since 2015).
Member of the Editorial board of Journal of Composites for Constructions (ASCE International Journal) (since 2018).
Member of the ASTM Committee C09 (C.09.46 Shotcrete) (since 2019).
Research activity of Francesco Focacci refers to the following topics:
- Use of FRP (fiber reinforced polymer) bars in Reinforced Concrete members.
- FRP (fiber reinforced polymer) composite materials for strengthening concrete, masonry and timber structures.
- FRCM (fiber reinforced cementitious mortar) composite materials for strengthening concrete and masonry structures.
- Mechanical characterization of FRCM (fiber reinforced cementitious mortar) composites.
- Bond of composite materials and concrete and masonry substrates.
- Structural behavior of masonry structures.
- Seismic capacity of masonry structures.
- Antino, T., Focacci, F., Sneed, L.H., Carloni, C. (2020). Relationship between the effective strain of PBO FRCM-strengthened RC beams and the debonding strain of direct shear tests. Engineering Structures, 216, 110631. doi: 10.1016/j.engstruct.2020.110631.
- D’Antino T., Focacci, F., Sneed, L.H., Pellegrino, C. (2020) Shear Strength Model for RC Beams with U-Wrapped FRCM Composites. Journal of composites for construction, 24(1), doi: 10.1061/(ASCE)CC.1943-5614.0000986.
- Santandrea M., Focacci F., Mazzotti C., Ubertini F., Carloni C. (2020) Determination of the interfacial cohesive material law for SRG composites bonded to a masonry substrate. Engineering Failure Analysis, 111, 104322. doi: 10.1016/j.engfailanal.2019.104322.
- Focacci F., D’Antino T., Carloni C. (2020) The role of the ﬁber–matrix interfacial properties on the tensile behavior of FRCM coupons. Construction and Building Materials, 265, 120263. doi: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2020.120263.