Edoardo Bocci is Associate Professor of Road, Railways and Airports (SSD ICAR/04) at the Faculty of Engineering of Università eCampus (Novedrate, Italy). In 2008 and 2010 he graduated with honours (bachelor and master degrees) in Civil Engineering at Università Politecnica delle Marche (Ancona, Italy). In 2014 he defended his PhD in Analysis and Design of Architecture and Territory – Structure and Infrastructure Engineering at Università Politecnica delle Marche with a thesis entitled “Experimental Evaluation of the Adhesion at the Interface Between Pavement Layers and Orthotropic Steel Decks”. In 2014 he assumed the role of assistant professor at Università eCampus, where he is Associate Professor since 2019.
His research field deals with the materials for road and airfield pavements. In particular, his activity is focused on the special pavements for orthotropic steel deck bridges, hot and cold recycling of reclaimed asphalt, clear binder for road pavements, use of waste materials in asphalt mixtures, asphalt rubber and modelling of damage evolution in asphalt mixtures.
- E. Bocci, F. Canestrari, Experimental Analysis of Structural Compatibility at the Interface between Asphalt Concrete Pavements and Orthotropic Steel Deck Bridges. Transportation Research Record, No. 2293 Vol.1, 2012. DOI 10.3141/2293-01
- Grilli, E. Bocci, A. Graziani, Influence of reclaimed asphalt content on the mechanical behavior of cement-treated mixtures. Road Materials and Pavement Design, Vol.14, Issue 3, pp. 666-678, 2013. DOI 10.1080/14680629.2013.794367
- E. Bocci, F. Canestrari, Experimental evaluation of the shear resistance of improved steel-asphalt interfaces. Transportation Research Record, No. 2370, pp. 145-150, 2013. DOI 10.3141/2370-18
- A. Graziani, E. Bocci, F. Canestrari, Bulk and shear characterization of bituminous mixtures in the linear viscoelastic domain. Mechanics of Time-Dependent Materials, Vol. 18, Issue 3, pp 527-554, 2014. DOI 10.1007/s11043-014-9240-x
- E. Bocci, F. Canestrari, A. Graziani, Mechanical 3D Characterization of Epoxy Asphalt Concrete for Pavement Layers of Orthotropic Steel Decks. Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 79, pp. 145-152, 2015. DOI 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2014.12.120
- A. Grilli, A. Graziani, E. Bocci, M. Bocci, Volumetric properties and influence of water content on the compactability of cold recycled mixtures. Materials and Structures, Vol. 49, Issue 10, pp. 4349-4362, 2016. DOI 10.1617/s11527-016-0792-x
- C. Godenzoni, A. Graziani, E. Bocci, M. Bocci, The evolution of the mechanical behaviour of cold recycled mixtures stabilized with cement and bitumen: field and laboratory study. Road Materials and Pavement Design, Vol. 19(4), pp. 856-877, 2018. DOI 10.1080/14680629.2017.127907
- E. Bocci, Use of Ladle Furnace Slag as Filler in Hot Asphalt Mixtures. Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 161, pp. 156-164, 2018. DOI 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2017.11.120
- G. Mazzoni, E. Bocci, F. Canestrari, Influence of rejuvenators on bitumen ageing in hot recycled asphalt mixtures. Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering (English Version), Vol. 5, Issue 3, pp. 157-168, 2018. DOI: 10.1016/j.jtte.2018.01.001
- E. Bocci, G. Mazzoni, F. Canestrari, Ageing of rejuvenated bitumen in hot recycled bituminous mixtures: influence of bitumen origin and additive type. Road Materials and Pavement Design, special issue for 5th EATA Conference, 2019. DOI: 10.1080/14680629.2019.1587492
- A. Graziani, C. Mignini, E. Bocci, M. Bocci, Complex modulus testing and rheological modelling of cold recycled mixtures. ASTM Journal of Testing and Evaluation, Vol. 48, Issue 1, 2019. DOI: 10.1520/JTE20180905
- E. Bocci, E. Prosperi, “Recycling of reclaimed fibers from end-of-life tires in hot mix asphalt”, Journal of Traffic and Transportation Engineering (English Version), Volume 7, Issue 5, pp. 678-687, 2020. DOI: 10.1016/j.jtte.2019.09.006.
- D. Landi, M. Marconi, E. Bocci, M. Germani, Comparative life cycle assessment of standard, cellulose-reinforced and end of life tires fiber-reinforced hot mix asphalt mixtures, Journal of Cleaner Production, Vol. 248, 2020. DOI: 10.1016/j.jclepro.2019.119295.
- E. Bocci, E. Prosperi, V. Mair, M. Bocci, “Ageing and cooling of hot-mix-asphalt during hauling and paving – A Laboratory and Site Study”, Sustainability, 12(20), Special Issue on Sustainable Pavement Engineering and Road Materials, 8612, 2020.
- C. Carpani, E. Bocci, M. Bocci, “Rheological and performance characterization of the bitumen recovered from different emulsions for cold mixtures”, Road Materials and Pavement Design, 22:sup1, pp. S214-S231, 2021. DOI: 10.1080/14680629.2021.1906735.
- E. Prosperi, E. Bocci, M. Bocci, “Evaluation of the rejuvenating effect of different additives on bituminous mixtures including hot-recycled RA as a function of the production temperature”, Road Materials and Pavement Design, 23:12, 2798-2817, 2022. DOI:10.1080/14680629.2021.2002179.
- E. Bocci, E. Prosperi, P. Marsac, “Rheological modelling of the bitumen from reclaimed asphalt with rejuvenation and re-ageing”, RILEM International Symposium of Bituminous Materials, Lyon, France, 2020.
- E. Prosperi, E. Bocci, “A review on bitumen aging and rejuvenation chemistry: processes, materials and analyses”, Sustainability, Vol. 13, Special Issue on Sustainable Pavement Engineering and Road Materials, 6523, 2021. DOI: 10.3390/su13126523
- M. Hugener, D. Wang, A. Cannone Falchetto, L. Porot, P. Kara de Maeijer, M. Оrešković, M. Sa da Costa, H. Tabatabaee, E. Bocci, A. Kawakami, B. Hofko, A. Grilli, E. Pasquini, M. Pasetto, H. Zhai, H. Soenen, W. Van den bergh, F. Cardone, A. Carter, K. Vasconcelos, X. Carbonneau, A. Lorserie, G. Mladenovic, , T. Koudelka, P. Coufalik, R. Zhang, E. Dave, G. Tebaldi, “Recommendation of RILEM TC 264 RAP on the evaluation of asphalt recycling agents for hot mix asphalt”, Materials and Structures/Materiaux et Constructions, Vol. 55, Issue 2, Article number 31, 2022, DOI: 10.1617/s11527-021-01837-0.
- C. Carpani, E. Bocci, E. Prosperi, M. Bocci, “Evaluation of the rheological and performance behaviour of bitumen modified with compounds including crumb rubber from waste tires”, Construction and Building Materials, Vol. 36126, Article number 129679, 2022. DOI: 10.1016/j.conbuildmat.2022.129679