Gianluca Petroni, Associate Professor in Electrical Systems (SSD INGIND / 31) at the Faculty of Engineering of the eCampu University. He graduated in Electrical Engineering from the University of Rome “La Sapienza” in 2009 with a thesis entitled “State of the art of nuclear power plants”. He received his PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Rome “La Sapienza” in 2013 with a thesis entitled “Analysis and optimization of the process of production of electrical energy through a fuel cell microbiology (microbial fuel cell, MFC) fed by animal wastewaters”. He worked as a teacher trainer in the TECHNICAL WORLD PROJECT – TECHNICAL + ELECTRIC PROJECT + HOME AUTOMATION, at the National Center for Salesian Works for Professional Updating Training in Rome.
His research has been focused on the generation of electricity through bioelectrochemical systems: voltammometric measurements on microbial fuel cells, bioreactors on a pre-industrial scale, bioanodes. The research is carried out mainly in the context of PRIN projects, a Project of Relevant National Interest. He is coauthor of 5 scientific publications.
- Di Domenico E, Petroni G., Mancini D, Di Palma L, Geri A, Ascenzioni F, Electricity production and nitrogen removal from digestate by microbial fuel cells. Environmental Engineering and Management Journal, 2015, vol. 11(3); p. P14-S13-P14-S13, doi: 10.1155/2015/351014.
- Di Domenico E. G., Petroni G., Mancini D., Di Palma L., Geri A., Ascenzioni F., Electricity production and nitrogen removal from digestate by microbial fuel cells. Conference Environmental Microbiology & Biotechnology in the frame of the Knowledge-Based Bio and Green Economy (EMB2012), Bologna (Italy), 10-12 April 2012, doi: 10.1155/2014/845972.
- Di Domenico E. G., Petroni G., Mancini D., Di Palma L., Geri A., Ascenzioni F., MFC fed with digestate: analysis of the biofilm electric activity and structure. Conference proceedings European International Society for Microbiological Electrochemical Technologies, (EU-ISMET 2012), Ghent (Belgium), 27-28 September 2012.
- Di Domenico E. G., Petroni G., Mancini D., Geri A., Di Palma L., Ascenzioni F., Development of electroactive and anaerobic ammonium-oxidizing (Anammox) biofilms from digestate in microbial fuel cells. Biomed Research International, vol. 2015, p. 1-10, doi: 10.1155/2015/351014.
- Di Palma L., Geri A., Maccioni M., Paoletti C., Petroni G., Di Battista A., Varrone C. (2015). Experimental assessment of a process for nitrogen removal from AD digestate using microbial fuel cell technology. Conference International Conference on Chemical & Process Engineering (ICHEAP-12), Milan (Italy), 19-22 May 2015, vol. 43, p. 2239-2244, doi: 10.3303/CET1543374.